Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Until We Meet Again

Come Wednesday on my vacation, uncle Derek and auntie Chris had to leave and return to the big bad city. It was sad to see them go, but what are ya gonna do? Just some quiet reflection by the lake, and then headed out to the bar for some pull tabs, and I was all better.


The next day, just to shake things up and add some fresh blood to the mix, Brookie and Jerrid showed up! We continued with lots of fishing. I swear all we did was eat and fish. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I love to fish. That, and sometimes I like to do hair, but that's another story altogether.

After swimming and fishing all day, the evenings were filled getting tucked up on the couch, settling in to watch the Olympics, and having Grandma feed me ice cream. Sometimes its nice to be doted on. Admit it! Wanna see my toes? Here!

We left on Saturday, but not before a very fancy breakfast at Burger King. Hey, they have a play area, I love it! Thank you to G&GE for a great week of fun. It went by way too fast, but we're already looking forward to next year!

Far and away,
HAJ

2 comments:

GramaE said...

Hi Hanky, Great recap of vacation!! But I can't believe you forgot to tell them about your cap blowing off into the lake while Daddy was speeding with the boat. You may have repressed the information as it was extremely traumatic. All's well that ends well and Grampa was able to scoop up your cap after Daddy screeched that boat to a halt to turn around lickity split. The cap was washed and dried just in time as you woke up from your afternoon nap. Hardly a blip in the radar of cap life.

If you don't do it, you'll regret it. Love, Grame

Brooke a.k.a. 34B cup said...

Totally great post! What girl doesn't like a dude that plays with her hair?!? And those toes! Way to work those right in... I loved it. Tell your momma nice narrating!