Happy Halloween all! Look at me! I'm an Old Time Golfer! Did you see my hat? I can't wait to get out there and get me some CANDY! I'm not really sure what this is all about, but Mom is pretty sure it'll only take a house or two to get me going. Do you think I look like Payne Stewart? Have a great day everyone, and I hope you all gain at least 5lbs in sugary sweetness.
Friday, October 31, 2008
Thursday, October 30, 2008
We made Halloween cookies for me to take to school. As I said when Daddy told me that I was bringing these treats for the kids, "They're gonna love it!" We made witches, pumpkins, cats, and a haunted house from these cut outs that Brookie got for me. First we made the dough and cut out the shapes. Then popped them in the oven. We frosted them with all kinds of different colors. After that, and here's the cool part, these are special 3-D cookies that stand up when they're assembled. Some stood up perfectly, while others...not so much. They were a big hit and a lot of work. Good thing Halloween only comes once a year...but here comes Thanksgiving. I gotta go ask Mom if we can do turkey cookies next!
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Don't you just hate it when I leave for the weekend and don't tell you? I just pack up my garbage truck, my baseball bat, and my farm animals and hit the road. I spent the weekend visiting G&G E in South Dakota. It was an amazing weekend, and possibly a preview of what's to come. I sat down and watched Polar Express with Gma and I think a bit of the holiday spirit started rubbing off on Gpa.
For example, see that yellow dump truck behind me? He took me to the toy store (see new jacket) and I got to pick out anything I wanted. Then when we got home, Gpa brought out this tractor. AND before I could get bored of that, he brought out this train set. Although, I know Gpa, and he loves trains, so I think he loves this as much as me! Mom told Gpa he should have saved those things for Christmas, and he said, "What are you talking about? Its not Christmas!" Gotta love Gpa.
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Happy 2nd Bloggy-versary to me! Can you believe I've been telling you about my life almost everyday for two years now? I thought I'd celebrate by revisiting a few of my favorite photos from the past year.
Thursday, October 23, 2008
I made my first secret mess the other day. You know one of those messes that kids make when the parents aren't looking, and they come upon a scene like this. And then, as their brains are trying to compute what happened they see this. They're finally putting things together when they look in here. And then soon after notice this. Which leads to a little investigation and they found it here. They should be thankful it was relatively easy to clean up. Now, where did I see that chocolate syrup?
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
- I can't believe it, but you told Daddy about our dirty little secret. You know, how I give you a sucker when I pick you up from Nini's house? One day Daddy picked you up, and you asked for a sucker and told him that Mommy has suckers. Honey, these are things you gotta keep to yourself or we could all be up a creek one day.
- Which brings me to your brutal honesty. I just love how you don't know about lying yet. You come and get me every time you make a mess or spill or break something. "Mommy, come wook what I did. Mommy, I bwoke dat." If you tell me about it, I don't get mad. Maybe that will cut down on the lying for the future.
- Lately, and this is mostly my fault, you don't want to come eat dinner with us at the table like a proper family. We, as an improper family, enjoy eating in front of the TV, mostly on Sundays. So when Monday's roll around, you want to eat in front of the TV. But we don't allow it, so you end up in time out. After 2 minutes, you're thrilled about eating dinner at the table. Its a crazy ritual that I hope ends soon.
- You love babies. You hug, kiss, feed, and want to carry and hold the new baby at Nini's house. She said she's not ever seen a boy your age be so loving to a baby. If you're trying to hint at something.....get over it.
- When you first meet someone who you aren't familiar with, you get shy. Which is fine. But if they try to talk to you, you holler at them. This is not cool. For example, auntie Jodi was trying to make friendly conversation with you about your truck, and you yelled "YOU DON'T HAVE IT!" and then you made the stink face. Its going to be really hard to make friends if you keep that one up. So stop it.
- And probably your new favorite thing in the universe is watching the movie Racing Stripes. "I wanna watch horsie racing!" You'll watch it 100 times in a row if we'd allow it. Which we don't. We're heading to TX in the next few weeks....just you wait to see what we have planned for you.
Another great month Baby Bear. We've got a lot of exciting things coming up with travel and the holidays. Its going to be so interesting to see you on an airplane now that you kind of know what's going on, and to see you with Santa. You're already starting to talk about him and you like to go look at the Christmas decorations at Target (already). Watching you awaken and become aware of your surroundings is such a blast, I don't want to miss a thing.
Monday, October 20, 2008
Over the weekend Mom violated child labor laws and hired Andrew and Ethan from next door to rake the yard. They were raking their own yard, so she offered them a pretty penny to come and work on ours. Works out pretty good for me...so far.
I'm fine as frog's hair,
Friday, October 17, 2008
I love Palmer. He's my best pal. We always have so much fun when we're together. He likes to sit by me on the couch. And I don't mind it one bit. I just snuggle right on in, and try to enjoy his company. Because if there's anything I'm good it, its sharing.
Honest as the day is long,
Thursday, October 16, 2008
The final stop on our trip included a stop in the beautiful New Ulm, MN to see my great gpa and gma W. They just moved into new digs, and Gpa rides around in a SCOOTER. I know. So I really liked that, and then I started telling Gpa about how I like baseball, and how I like the Twins and all that. Well, what I'm about to show you is very rare and may be worth a serious amount of ching one day. My gpa...the HUGEST Yankee fan EVER....in a Twins hat. Shhh, don't tell him I showed you. He swore me to secrecy. I'm sure the Yankee gods are not happy.
Slicker than snot on a doorknob,
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
When we were in SD, we stayed with my great auntie Jodi and uncle Butch. Although I like to refer to him as "auntie Butch", and he seems cool with that. My great gma and gpa J came over for a visit too, along with my cousin Jerid and his cute girlfriend Ashley. Here's a glimpse into how we spend out time during our visits. Exciting stuff huh? Whenever we go see them, (or anyone for that matter), my parents always make me go around the room and say good bye to everyone and give them a hug. I pretend I'm shy, but deep down I love this ritual. See.....here's Jodi, and here's Jerid, and my favorite is Ashley.
Thanks again to the SD clan for putting up with us for the weekend! We just love visiting you guys and get ready because we'll be back before ya know it!
Keeping on top of things,
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Thursday, October 09, 2008
Wednesday, October 08, 2008
Tuesday, October 07, 2008
Monday, October 06, 2008
If you look very closely, that's me taking a little snoozer on the couch. Mom did a little experiment and let me take a nap on the couch. Not sure its a good idea or not, but she thinks maybe I should learn to sleep other places besides my bed. Well, it worked. I actually slept for 2.5 hours while Mom was right in the kitchen futzing around. And best of all, I don't throw that "I don't wanna take a nap" fit this way!
Que sera, sera,
Friday, October 03, 2008
Knock the socks off,
Thursday, October 02, 2008
Today is another exciting day with my mother. We'll run around doing errands like getting her a new battery for her cell phone, taking her new jeans to get hemmed, going to the grocery store to get food for only her to eat because she never feeds me anything but bananas. OK, that's not true, but I just thought try to make it like look its all about her, plus I'm holding a banana.
Like the pot calling the kettle black,
Wednesday, October 01, 2008
In case you don't know who my favorite team is, I thought I'd clear things up. I bid farewell to the Minnesota Twins, and tip my hat to a fine season. It was sad to watch the last game of the year last night. Mom and Dad even let me stay up to watch the whole game. They thought maybe I was a little good luck charm. Its too bad its ending now, I was just getting into it. I ask to watch baseball every night and I love to hit balls with my bat (Dad just ordered me a baseball tee...supposed to get it tomorrow...I'm DYING). After I hit the ball, I toss my bat and run around the bases yelling GO TWINS! GO TEAM! I hope I don't forget everything by the time spring training rolls around.
Up to scratch,