Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Month 25 Archives

Dear Henry,

I am so behind on your letter yet again this month. Between working, planning vacations, planning for visitors, time is flying and I can't believe another month has passed. I am so behind, I had to steal this picture from auntie Brookie's blog. Sometimes its the aunties that seem to take a little more care. Remember that.

These days, you're starting to get interested in the television. You love to watch Caillou, which is good and bad. He's a little bald headed kid that whines a lot, but on the other hand, it allows me a little time to cook dinner and a good bribe to get you to come in the house. Speaking of bribes, you're at the perfect age to take one. God bless Mr. DumDum for his sucker invention. I couldn't get you in the car, in the car seat, through a grocery shopping trip, or stay at the restaurant for a little extra time out of the house with friends, without a baggie full of suckers. They'll probably arrest me for child endangerment on the days I let you have 6 suckers during one grocery store trip, but I do what I gotta do.

You repeat absolutely everything we say. Doesn't matter the length or complexity of the word or sentence for that matter. People tell me you talk more than an average 2 year old, but I cannot be surprised considering your father, and that people in his family are nicknamed "Windy" (not just because they're gassy.) Just this morning when you were leaving for school, you ran over to me and said "I need to have kissy Mommy!" I say that to you every morning before you leave, and today the tables were turned. No better way to start a day.

We're going on vacation in about 3 weeks, and we all could use it, that's for sure. Your big job for vacation is to get over your fear of sand. You won't walk on it. Even with shoes on. Even when you're being held, and that person is walking on sand. You're just a bit uncomfortable. Our cabin is surrounded by sand, so get over it.

I'm learning that really any amount of sugar over a DumDum or so, throws you into fits and craziness. You suddenly run around like a mad man, or starting stomping your feet and throw yourself to the ground and then you head butt the ground. These things only happen when there has been excess sugar. So, having seen a few of these episodes honey, I'm sorry, but we're going to be even more strict on the sugar intake. I'll never give up my sucker bribes, but any more than that are going to really be watched. Unless of course you're with your grandparents (any of them), then anything goes. But you don't really need it because you're as sweet as a booger butt anyway.

I need to have a kissy baby,
Mama

1 comment:

Brooke a.k.a. 34B cup said...

Gosh you getting big! I really can't believe my eyes! I just love you so much little buddy! Keep on being so sweet!