Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Horse Of Another Color

In keeping with getting caught up on my life, I need to tell you guys about when we went to the track a few weeks ago. I know you're saying to yourself, "What's the big deal HAJ? You go to the track all the time." But this is different. This time it was Running Aces Harness Park . This is a type of horse racing where the horses trot while pulling the riders on a harness. It was actually really fun, but much different the regular race horses.


The horses start out getting into the "gates" that are attached to a Cadillac. Then they all line up, while still trotting, and then they let them go. Only they don't really go, they just continue trotting. I'm not sure why they just don't put a whip on 'em and let take off, but I guess that's not the way it goes. and eventually there's a winner. I recommend taking some time to go visit this park, its grounds are beautiful and it was a something fun to do on a nice summer evening.

Hop on over to my house,
HAJ

No comments: