Monday, July 20, 2009

Sinclair Lewis Would Be Proud

Well, after two days holed up in the house potty training (Friday and Saturday - no accidents, Sunday - 2 accidents), we all got a touch of the cabin fever, and decided to take up the Willegalle invitation to drive up to Sauk Centre for Sinclair Lewis Days. (He was a big deal, look it up.) There were promises of a parade and an evening at Cactus Flats, I mean, who could pass that up?


The parade was great, considering it is the only one I've seen. And despite some older kids honing in on my candy territory, I ended up with a full bag. It took me a minute or two, but once I learned you have to fight for your right to the candy, I was all game. I just have to show you a picture of this kid across the street from us at the parade. He's doing this all the time and his mom keeps hollering at him, and then she finally took the bag away. It was so funny, great entertainment.

The evening ended back at Cactus Flats at Grandma Lulu and Grandpa Turtle's house. Dad and Brian were having fun, Martina was all bundled up, and there was even a glass blowing project happening. Amazing what you can come up with in the wee hours of the night.

Are you showing your Blond?
HAJ

1 comment:

Fab Over 40 said...

OK that kid across the street looks way too old to be doing something as brainless as that! IMO