Friday, September 21, 2007

Month 15 Archives


Dear Hanky Panky,

This month, to date, has been the most challenging for me and your papa. Seems to be you're at a "hard age," full of "phases". You don't know what "no" means yet, and you're into everything. And when I say everything I mean everything. There were still many moments of glory: you say Mama and it really means you want to tell me something. You say Mama, and it really means you want to tell your dad something. You say Mama, and it really means you want to tell Bridget something. And on and on. It so cute though. We think you called Gma, Nana when she was here, so she's very excited to have a name.

I don't know how to break this to you, apparently you don't remember, but it gets freakin' cold here in Minnesota in the winter. It actually starts about now, late September. So, this leads me to tell you, that....you MUST wear shoes, and most definitely socks. Right now, you hate the mere sight of your shoes. The socks are on for one second, and you're immediately pulling them off. I'm just trying to protect your piggies, that's all. I swear to you, this is not some form of a mama-on-son torcher machine.

Contrary to popular belief and the obvious, you have turned into a bit of a picky eater. Seems you may be a vegetarian. You still love all fruits and veggies, but most days I can't pay you to eat meat or breads. I don't know how you're keeping your weight up on a fruit and goldfish based diet, but I think its just in your genes. Even when I try to eat veggies, seems like the weight doesn't just fall right off like the skinnies say it does.

The big news of the month is you started walking!! No, not real consistently; you'll give us 5 steps one day, 3 the next, then on the next day you don't want anything to do with it at all. You are so funny when you walk. You look like maybe you busted into Daddy's Bud Lite stash.....did you?

This is a challenging and amazing time in your life. I'm challenged when we go out to dinner these day and you sit in your high chair and scream. Scream so loudly and so high pitched that all of the wine glasses are shattering behind the bar. So we leave. Without dinner. Please let this be a short phase. On the other hand, I'm amazed when I ask you to go "over there" and you do. When I ask you to get your ball, you do. When I say, let's read a book, you go get one and bring it to me. I'm not sure where you learned all that, but you're parents must be some sort of genius type folks.

Loves Boogie, Mama

1 comment:

gina said...

sigh. it just goes so freaking fast.

love, gina

ps. have you tried robeez for his tootsies?