Sunday, June 01, 2008

Hail Of a Storm

What a day! Yesterday was jam packed, exciting, and great! So many things...where do I begin? The day started off with Mom and Dad taking me to the lake, on the boat, for the first time this year. I had a great time, I loved it. I wore my life jacket with relatively no complaints. We ate lunch and cruised around a bit. AND, we got to ride in Miss Barbara Blue on the way there!

Afterwards I went home to take a nice long nap, only to be awoken by Daddy because there was a storm a'headin' our way. It looked like it was going to miss us, but it hit us right in the tomato! It hailed like crazy! It looked like it snowed here the last day of May! Daddy had to shovel off the deck (there's still some on the deck this morning, that hasn't melted!). He made a hail-ball about the size of my head. The hail ranged from golf ball to pea sized, and we escaped with no damage. Except for the cucumbers and tomatoes (which we need to replace today.) There was a really cool fog that filled the streets afterwards too.

After all the excited, and after the skies cleared, we headed to Brooke and Jerrid's for a bonfire party. P-man was there too! We played all night. After we got there, Mom realized she forgot my Pack-n-Play, which put a damper on the night. That means we have to go home early. But I surprised everyone when Brookie made me a nest bed on the floor with blankets and pillows and stuffed animals....and I fell asleep. Am I amazing or what?

To each his own like the man who kissed the cow,
HAJ

2 comments:

GramaE said...

OMG Henry. So glad your dad got you up. It must have looked awful! Was it noisy? Tell your Dad and Mom to give the tomato plants a couple of days. Sometimes they come back OK after a hail. Wow, but those buggers were BIG! Are you sure there is no damage to the house? We miss you tons here. Grama is finally on the mend. It's been a rough ride. Love, GmE

Brooke a.k.a. 34B cup said...

Hail yes-whatta weekend! AND that is the CUTEST pic of me EVER (what?!?)!