Monday, July 16, 2007

Another Life Lesson

We spent the weekend convertibling. Its a word. Look it up. OK, don't. We were off driving around all over from one end of the city to the next. It was a nice way to get outside and enjoy the weather. I even got a fancy new car seat. This was my first time in Miss Barbara Blue facing forward. MUCH less windy this way.

You're not going to believe what I did yesterday. While Mom was downstairs on the computer, she let me crawl around down there, basically unsupervised. There really isn't anything I can get into, so she thought it would be fine. Well, I heard Daddy come home upstairs, so I proceeded to crawl all the way up the stairs, unsupervised. Daddy looked over at me and almost died. He said, "hey buddy," in a very calm voice. Then, very calmly picked me up, then calmly called for Mom. She, still sitting at the computer, had NO CLUE what just happened. Daddy came down to see her, pale as a ghost. They both immediately were nauseous.

Then they took me to the stairs and tried to recreate the incident, supervised. I fell backwards at least 5 times, and luckily Mom was there to catch me. Talk about lessons learned and a huge wake up call to the parents. But for me, I've found a new place to have some fun. Can you believe, they still haven't gotten a gate?

As solid as the ground we stand on,
HAJ

PS - Shout out to Auntie M! This is a big one, have a great day! I wish we could have gone to your party.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Note to your parents...if they think stairs are bad just wait until you can open the door, I mean any door where they think you are safe...YIKES!!!!!loves, gammy
I'm just look'in out for ya Henry

gina said...

henry, we discovered your cousin annie could navigate the stairs in much the same way. you be careful, you boogerface. annie can tell you what it feels like to be on the losing end of the stair game. and tell your mommy to get over it and go to babies r us for the (#$*&( gate already. and don't ever repeat outloud what i just typed. :) i love you, henry.

auntie gina