Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Month 13 Archives

Henry, Henry, Henry,

This is a couple days late, but we've been traveling the country and time has been sparse. This month you've traveled through Iowa, Missouri, and Kansas. Be sure to check them off your list. It was quite the adventure for you and me. Some even said I was crazy to attempt. It was harder than I thought, especially the pee breaks. Mine, not yours. Thank goodness for those Koala Kare thingys in bathrooms. Saved both our lives. But I'm very impressed with your patience and ability to stay awake for so many hours. We'll do it again sometime.

Your major break through this month was that you can pull yourself up. You are doing it like crazy. I know that means walking is just around the corner. You're getting so mobile and I'm not yet used to getting up to check on you or following you where ever you go, thus the stair incident. I know its my fault, I promise we'll get the gates.

Lately I'm realizing that you not only look exactly like your dad, but you are starting to take on his personality. When we go to stores, people oooh and aahh, and you tilt your head and smile and give that "aren't I so cute?" look. You stare at people in restaurants until they look back and then you say "hi" in your cute little high voice. You are breaking hearts all over this city, and now after this weekend, the country. Those girls at the antique shop in Louisburg, KS will never be the same.

The other day at the grocery store someone asked me if you were mine. I was floored. But I knew she didn't mean it like I just stole you out of someone else's cart. You just look so much like Daddy. At a restaurant the other night, the waiter told Daddy that there's no way he could ever deny being your father. Not that he would, but it never stops. We're all walking down the street and I watch people and I hear "I know who the daddy of that baby is!" or "Wow, look at those two!" Don't get me wrong, I love that you look like him, because I still think he's the cutest in all the land, and I always wished that you would look like him and get his personality. Anyway, you have a few things from me too. Just the other day someone said they were sure you have my ear lobes.

Loves, Mama

3 comments:

GramaE said...

Dear Henry, You are such a blessing to our family. We love seeing you grow, but wish it could be slowed down sometimes when we don't see you for awhile. We hate to miss the new things. But, your mama does the next best thing by making you blog every day (almost). That way we can keep up with all the fun.

We love you lotz.

Gram and Gramp E.

Anonymous said...

Dito everything that gramae said...
When I look at you I see your Daddy at the same exact age...he was such a nice baby and soooo sweet, just like you, always with a smile. You couldn't be more loveable. And that's why we love you so much, Gammy

gina said...

henry, i still think that mouth could be your momma's mouth. and i bet you have REALLY neat handwriting.
love, auntie gina