Monday, July 09, 2007

Family Ties

I'm finally home from my whirl-wind tour of SD. It was such a great weekend. I got to see tons of my family, including Great Grandma Nelson - shown above. She won me over with that sucker. I'm telling you, the way to my heart is through anything sugar based.


I spent the majority of my time with Great Gma & Gpa Johnston. I just played at their house all the time while Mom and Dad were off galavanting around doing who knows what. I also got to see cousin Jerid and meet is super cute girlfriend Ashley. That was a nice surprise. And of course spent time with Uncle Butch and Auntie Jodi, and Great, Great Auntie Kay. I mean, I'm telling you, I met up with about everybody. We had such a blast, so much so that Mom got lazy and didn't really take photos. I know, I know. Major regrets.

The two biggest milestones reached over the weekend was that I decided NOT to scream all the way home from SD. I didn't nap either, but Mom was relieved the screaming was done, at least for that trip. AND - I figured out how to crawl up the step into the kitchen. And my parents STILL haven't bought any gates. Get a move on.

I never went to bed with an ugly woman; woke up with a few,
HAJ

No comments: