Thursday, July 05, 2007

U-S-A, U-S-A, U-S-A

It's finally happened, after something like 9 years in the hands of the Japanese, the Mustard Yellow Belt is finally back in the hands of the USA! U-S-A, U-S-A! Say it with me people. Joey Chestnut finally defeated the all powerful Kobayashi in the Nathan's Hotdog Eating Contest. Joey crammed down 66 HDBs (hotdogs and buns) in 12 minutes, breaking his own world record of 59.5, and Kobayashi only managed 63. This includes a very close call of the barfing reversal of fortune, which could have gotten Kobayashi disqualified. Not to mention his "arthritic jaw" he's been complaining about for weeks, which most of us that are in the know, think was a ruse. To check out all the results go to the International Federation Of Competitive Eating. My favorite is Crazy Legs Conti, the world leader in buffet eating with having eaten 5.5lbs of buffet food in 12 minutes.

Maybe you guys didn't know, but my mom is a HUGE fan of the IFOCE, and this is her favorite event of the 4th of July. Its just another family tradition, being passed through the generations.

Well, we're off to SD today. I won't have access to a computer so I'm signing off until Monday. Please have wonderful and safe weekend, and eat a hotdog for me!

He has a hollow leg,
HAJ

PS - First, my new pool. Check. It. Out. And - I had my one year shots today and totally rocked them out. Sweet, they're done.

1 comment:

GramaE said...

Henry, Your mother is nutz and you couldn't be cuter in your frog pool...do you like it better than the red neck one? I can't believe you are only 150 miles from me this weekend and I'm not going to see you!!

Not very smart, GramE