Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Star Spotting

I forgot to mention yesterday, that while at my cousin Annie's birthday party on Saturday night, I saw a few movie stars. I know, I couldn't believe it either. I mean, I knew Annie was a popular girl, but I had no idea. The first person I saw was Elton John! I was just shocked! All the way from England. He sang English Rose for Annie. The crowd was stunned.

Then - out of the blue (I figure she carpooled with Elton from London) - you aren't even going to believe who comes sauntering in - Madonna!! She even had a little spit up on her shirt from her new baby David. But she said she would never miss a party thrown for Miss Annie (that's what she calls her, and we all know, what Madge says goes.) Anyway, she sang Like a Virgin. A little inappropriate yes, but you know how she's always pushing the envelop.

So we were all hanging out eating Strawberry Yummy Cake (formal culinary name) and chit chatting, when we hear this band start playing! Where is it coming from? We searched the house and ended up finding Paul Schaffer and the Late Night Band in the garage playing Tomorrow, from the Broadway play Annie. Well I just started crying because he's my all time favorite side kick to my all time favorite late night host, David Letterman.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone!
HAJ

No comments: