Sunday, April 29, 2007

A Tale of Heart Break On the High Seas


Yesterday was the day I broke my father's heart. I didn't mean to, and I hope to repair it in the near future. But I have to say honestly, I didn't enjoy boating. I wanted to. I wanted to more than I can say, but I hated it.

In my defense, we started out late. Mom had to get her nails done and Dad was trying to get the garage organized. Then we had to stop for bait, and then grab some lunch. When we got to the dock, the gates were still chained shut so we had to wait for Joe (the captain of our Red Neck Yacht Club) to come unlock the doors, and he was watching the NFL draft and didn't want to leave until the Vikings made their pick. Honestly people, I am on a schedule. We didn't end up on the water until about 12:45. I nap at 1:00.

There were some good times. Driving the boat is fun. I liked going fast too. I didn't like the waves, I didn't like my life jacket, and I didn't like being left to sit alone. I'm just not used to this space, and I wanted to sit on Mom's lap the entire time. But, the after boating snack was probably the highlight.

We're going shopping today for a new, larger life jacket. We all made a pact to start out earlier next time, be more organized. I'm willing to give it another shot, if Daddy is ready to give me another shot.

Mama said there would be days like this,
HAJ

No comments: