Monday, May 21, 2007

Month 11 Archives

Dear Henry,

I took this picture of you last night when your dad and I checked on you before we headed off to bed. It was just too cute with your little Twins sock on. You are now sleeping on your tummy a lot. Daddy is still really uncomfortable with that idea, so when he catches you doing it, he'll flip you back over. I'm OK with it now, I think it's cute. Although if you knew you were doing it, I think you'd be mad at yourself. You still hate tummy time, but you're getting slightly more tolerant of it.

Seems like this last month and particularly this weekend you've learned in leaps and bounds. So many, many things. Things that just amaze me. Like your peek-a-boo books that you lift the flap yourself to see what's behind them. To me that is the smartest thing in the world. And you DID get in the crawl position by accident on your own, and you screamed, and you rocked back and forth. And then I screamed and clapped and went crazy to try to make you forget how much you were hating it, and then....you rolled back over. I really thought something was happening. You're getting closer.

You still mostly like to stand. You've started letting go of things because you think you can stand on your own, and then you land on your bottom. You're getting tougher because you don't cry anymore when you fall so much. You're such a bad ass.

Here's the biggie - you've given us your first words. Just yesterday, so its all so new to your papa and me. We couldn't stop laughing, but you absolutely were talking. Guess what your first word was? Guess? You won't believe it, and it would only happen to our child....it was Ah-choo! Yes, ah-choo! A fake sneeze. We kept doing it to you, and all of a sudden you were doing it. And we all died laughing, and you did it again, and again, and you still were doing it this morning. There's nothing funnier ever in the universe. You also are officially saying "hi" too! When we pick you out of bed in the morning or after naps, you say "hi". Sometimes you even kind of sing it - "h-iiiiiiiiiii." This whole thing is getting really fun and funny! You can tell when someone says a joke. If we're all laughing, you will start laughing too. I hope you get your Dad's funny. He's SO funny.

Oh - I've kind of, sort of, very inconsistently been trying to teach you sign language and this month you caught on with "more". Its very good, and you really do it, mostly and especially when its something you really like to eat like sweet potatoes or any fruit. Which brings me to your food. Just this week I moved you up to Stage 2. So you get twice as much fruits and veggies and you seem to be surviving and you didn't blow up. Who knew? But I think I'll hold off on regular food until we get the official OK from the Dr and when you get more teeth. Two teeth still aren't cutting it, Babe. Literally.

Eleven months. That means only one month left. Do you even really understand the thrills of being one year? You get to face forward in your car seat. That's HUGE. You don't even know. And you get to move up in foods, and sippy cups, and regular cups, and you'll start walking and talking and you stop being a little baby. Its really very sad for me. Everyone says, oh he's almost a year, how exciting! And I say, yes, but its really so sad. I thought we had an agreement that you would never grow up? I thought we had a pact? No? OK.

I love you so much it hurts me physically,
Mama

2 comments:

GramaE said...

Happy 11 month birthday Henry from Grampa E and me. I think it's sad too how fast time is flying in your life. But it's fun too and so exciting seeing your progress. We miss you even tho it's only been 2 weeks since we saw you last. You have fun with Gammy and Grampa Jack this weekend. They will have so much fun with you and Mom & Dad. Love, love & love somemore...GramE

Banks said...

Henry-
It's hard to believe you are almost 1 ! this is crazy. Tell your Dad to quit flippin' you on to your back and let you get comfy for your biscuits in the air! My Dad used to do that to me too when I would try and sleep on my belly. Hope to see you soon!