Friday, June 08, 2007

Cruisin' For a Bruisin'

It finally happened today. We all new it would and quite frankly, I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner. I remember when Palmer did it months ago, and I'm not sure if Jasper has done it yet. I fell off the bed today. My parent's bed, that's unusually high. As you can see, I'm doing just fine, but I think I almost gave Dad a coronary. Mom was in the bathroom and Dad was doing push ups (?). I peeked over the edge, and then lost my balance and boom. It really didn't hurt as much as it scared the crud out of me. You can see the nice red mark next to my right eye, and another one above the bruise from yesterday. This getting older thing is for the birds.

As if that wasn't bad enough, at the grocery store today, I was gnawing on a Pillsbury Crescent Roll container, when it "POPPED"!!! Speaking of coronary. Mom made me take it to the customer service counter and apologize for breaking it. They were very nice and didn't make me pay for it. Mom threatened to take it out of my allowance. But she's the one that gave it to me, so it can't be all my fault. Right?

Wham, bam, thank you, ma'am!
HAJ

3 comments:

Banks said...

Henry,

You poor guy! I can't believe you fell off the bed! AND your Dad was doing pushups?! If I had a dime for everytime I have seen MY Dad work-out, I figure I would have about 30 cents.

Brady

Anonymous said...

Henry,
Your Dad was on the floor? How did you miss him?!! That would have surely soften the fall, if you get what I'm say'in...You need to tell your parents that you need to be watched at all times cuz you are an accident waiting to happen. You, my sweet grandson, are on the move, and not about to slow down for ever...hugs, gammy

GramaE said...

Henry...OMG I am so scared of those pillsbury dough packages. I always have Grampa open them. You must have been freaked. Mom didn't say if you cried. I would have. Stay safe. Love, GramE