Thursday, June 28, 2007

Putting Off the Inevitable

Today was my one year well check-up. So many things to share, where do I begin? Let's start with the fact that I have a 101 degree fever. Can you tell I'm not so sweet looking in the photo? This is my first fever and I gotta tell ya, I'm not loving it. I also didn't enjoy the poking and the prodding. That usually doesn't bother me. I did have to get a finger prick blood test to check for lead and hemoglobin, but because of the fever, I didn't have to get my shots......until next week. Afterwards I fell right asleep in the car, this whole fever thing is wiping me out.

Now the results you've all been waiting for:

  • Weight - 27lbs 2oz - 93%
  • Length - 30" - 55%
  • Head - 48.7cm - 95%

Again, following suit with my "stocky" genes. The doctor said everything looks great. She said I need to start drinking whole milk now, no more formula. AND - no more bottles! Cups and sippy cups now as far as the eye can see. And, I need to start eating more table food instead of the mostly liquid diet that I've been on. Its amazing the changes. Mom is a bit overwhelmed with all of it, but I'm sure we'll all figure it out. At least I've got enough reserves on my legs alone to get me through the summer.

AND - TWO MORE TEETH! Just today. I thought maybe that's why I have a fever, but Doc said it's a little too high to be from teething. Hhhhmmmm......... Oh - they're the next two beside my front teeth on each side.

Grab your socks and pull up your jocks,

HAJ

PS - Shout out to Auntie Melissa! Happy Birthday! I told you I'd remember.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Henry you're so growing so well and you're so healthy! This is your FIRST fever? Your Mommy and Daddy sure do take good care of you - how could they not? I mean really, look at your cheeks. I do hope you get to feeling better soon. Fevers can just plain wipe you out.

gina said...

you're frickin' huge dude! i need some of your weight...i'm only in the 10th percentile! dang! you're lookin' good though, cous. i miss ya. i know we could play real good right about now.
love ya,
japper