Thursday, June 21, 2007

Facing Front

Notice anything different, huh, do ya? That's right baby! Facing forward! Happy Birthday to me! You know, I didn't even know this was an option. It's so great! I can see Mom and Dad, and all the surroundings, and where we're going. I would've been hollering to do this a long time ago, had I known.

Mom and I made it safe and sound to Gma-E's house in SD. Daddy couldn't leave work, but will be coming to join us tomorrow with uncle Derek and New Auntie. Sounds like I get another birthday party today, and another one tomorrow when they get here. You aren't going to believe the cake G-ma made me! I will take pics at the party and share with you tomorrow.

Oh, I almost forgot to tell you. I also had my first egg today. Mom even let me eat it in bed with her and Dad. They always have eggs and coffee together in bed in the mornings, and I've been so jealous. But ya know what? Eggs in bed, or anywhere for that matter, aren't all they're cracked up to be. This is just another lesson I'm learning as I get older. Sometimes what you really want, isn't what you want at all.

Utility infielder,
HAJ

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Henry,
Happy 1st Birthday! It sounds like a whole new world has opened up for you today. Enjoy all your new firsts. Can't wait to celebrate with you tomorrow!
Love, "new auntie" Chris

vonnie said...

Happy Birthday Henry,

How exciting it must be turning the BIG ONE!! G & G Erlenbusch must be so happy to have you and your family here this weekend, especially on your BIG Day too. I work with Grandma E. and have enjoyed reading about your life. You have such a neat perspective on the world Henry.
Enjoy your Birthday cake that you can now eat with all 4 teeth.
You share a special day with my Mom, she turns 80 years young today too. (I guess that's just another reason why you are so cool). Two Great Souls born on this day. The first day of summer....let it Shine!
God bless,
Vonnie

Anonymous said...

Happy 1st Birthday to you Henry Aaron Johnston! I'm so excited for you to be experiencing all these new things now that your getting older...you and your parents are in for a lot new firsts!
I hope to see you at the Wingen Family Reunion!
Here's hoping you had a WONDERFUL birthday week a more FABULOUS birthday weeekend!
Kisses to you and your parents....MUAH!
~Bona

gina said...

Henry,
Congratulations on your graduation to the forward-facing car seat. It's a big deal. Happy Birthday, sweetie, we miss you so much.

Love,
Aunt Gina, Uncle Addison, Annie and Japper

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Henry!!! You look DYNAMITE in your forward facing car seat. It's too cool. Have a great weekend in the great state of South Dakota and I'll see you in a couple of weeks here in KS where we'll party together for birthdays. Look for the invitation in your mailbox in the next week. HUGS!